Sunday, July 8, 2007

Checking In

So....Just got back from driving with the lovely Mrs. Swing and two of the junior Swings clean up to South Dakota. We made the Jackson Hole to Reno run yesterday which featured the blazing desert fire march along almost the entire I-80 corridor of Nevada. Through the smoke and dust and 50 mph winds I finally was able to tune into the Giants game just outside Lovelock. The first thing I heard was Ray Durham grounding into a double play and I knew I was home.

I just perused the World Wide Web and I see that Freddy is back, Nate is gone and there appears to be any number of new middle relievers. I also see the assorted changes have not moved the Giants out of last place. I don't seem to have missed many wins.

I guess I will have to gather up the staff and begin anew with the thorough and important research we do around here. No more sucking up the easy money on the DL. Time to go to work, work, work. Well, maybe after the All Star Break.

No comments: