Thursday, July 12, 2007

Get Back to Play!!

Did I mention that I hate off days? I guess, on some sort of primal level, I understand the hurdles in traveling clear across the country and still squeezing in a twi-night double header are daunting at best. Still, these guys are paid well and they get really good looking chicks. I say playing everyday is not nearly as taxing as sneaking around with strippers. The problem for me is the gravy train around here doesn't stop because these pansies need 3 or 4 days off. My staff doesn't come cheap, you know. It also interferes with my pursuit of strippers to sneak around with to have to come up with make do work for the help. The lack of new things to whine about while the Giants extend their R&R compels me to rehash the ongoing non- story of the week; The Sabean Saga.

Two questions appear to be at the core of the matter. Why does Magowan want Sabean to stay and, more perplexing, why does Sabean want to stay? It could be that the reports of the Giants offering an extension are bogus. It could be...

All right then, sir, what else is happening? It looks like Ichiro is re-upping with the Mariners. Scratch him off the list. Torii Hunter dissed Corporate Naming Rights Park the other day. Put him into the "I like the school system in every city other than San Francisco excuse" category. Free agent hitters haven't demonstrated a strong desire to come to the land of 410 foot fly ball outs lately so restocking the easy way with strapping young sluggers (and their corresponding stripper gaggle) is probably a sweet but ultimately crushing dream. I am getting a strong Mike Cameron vibe and that is never healthy. I am somewhat assuaged by the fact that Mike is still only in his middle 30's so the inevitable multi year Cameron contract is probably 5 years away. I could be killed in a tragic kiln accident by then.

Did I mention that I hate off days?

No comments: