Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Air

There must be a 1000 ways to say the Giants suck and it has always been my intention to explore each and every one. I have been noticeably slack in this mission of late. I would like to offer some sort of excuse but, sadly, general laziness is the culprit. I have been a very poor role model for the junior staffers.

Strawman Towers is abuzz, abuzz, I tell you, about the Rajai phenomenon. If there is some available ying for the disastrous yang enveloping all things Giants these days, how sweet would it be for young Mr. Davis to be that celestial messenger. Getting rid of Morris and his accompanying contract anchor was a lovely bit of providence. What a nice little bonus it would be to have Rajai emerge as a symbol of the hopeful possible instead of yet another agonizing disappointment. We are collectively holding our breath.

Still holding....

Still holdinnnnnggggggggg...............

Sorry, I can no longer hold my breath. I have ordered a couple of my underlings to continue holding their breath while I symbolically participate. What the hey, there are always more junior staffers where they came from.

Now that I am fully oxygenated, I just realized that the Giants are playing the Braves tonight. John Smoltz is pitching. I don't like our chances here. Once we are able to revive them, I will have the minions again hold their breath for a Giants win tonight. I have learned from my 8 second ordeal that there is a beautiful power in breath withholding. They will thank me one day.

No comments: