Thursday, May 31, 2007

What a Breath of Clean Fresh Air

Benitez has indeed shuffled off to Buffalo and it appears a Reno boy is coming to the Giants. Whoever the Giants got was going to automatically become my favorite Giant but this is a nice little topper.

Benitez was bad but would have been slightly more tolerable if he had any idea how to fake humility. "I did my job" has taken on a new and sinister connotation. Ballplayers can always get away with that old chestnut, "You never played so you have no idea how good I really am", but even Superman strung out on bad Kryptonite can see through the "I did my job" bit. Benitez rarely did his job and "it was those other guys who soiled my genius."

Benitez is simply the most appalling example of the myriad of nasty issues facing the Giants. They still have a pretty crappy pen, they can put more guys in line at the AARP office than they can actually keep upright enough to perform poorly on the field. Things still look more than a little bleak but...I feel better already..

No comments: