Thursday, May 24, 2007

You Had Me At Hello

Fearlessly jumping back into the world of 4th grade long division and small sample sizings, I thought I would look at the numbers posted thus far by the three-headed rookie monster. This plucky trio of Freddy, Danny and Kevie ( it's cool, we're tight) has combined for 107 pleasant and surprising official ab's since finding their way to Sesame Street.

AB 107
Runs 19
Hit 35
RBI 16
2B 5
3B 3
HR 1
BB 9
Avg .337
Obp .379
Slg .457
Ops .836

Try as I might, I just can't find much to complain about here. I may be falling in love. Of course, it's a long season and scouting reports work the room like Alyssa Milano at the All Star Game. The bad guys will figure out where the weaknesses party and exploit them cruelly. Whether the lads can adjust right back remains to be seen. The smart money would still counsel trepidation and foreboding as faint images of multitudinous busts burn like so many razor cuts to the eyeballs but I say let's live in the now, man. Well, done young Giants

No comments: