Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Don't Leave me Standing Here

Baseball seasons are long and winding roads that lead to your door. I have seen that road before and it always leads me here: The EMS annual June 26th State of the Giants Report. I have had the staff finessing this report for weeks now, milking every nugget for whatever gold might be discovered therein and we have concluded that we have no idea what state the Giants occupy.

Roster instability is to be expected. Few teams end up with the roster they had in April. Our Personnel Directer, Paul creates a pool every year where we all guess who will be on the 25 man roster on June 26th. Oddly enough, not one poolist had both Luis Figueroa and Guillermo Rodriquez in their square, though George in Food Services did have Joe Roa.

We are not seeing a cavernous, gaping maw of difference in the talent level of the Padres and the Giants. We are also not seeing any clear cut reasons why the Padres are pretty good and the Giants are pretty something else but we also thought that no one would ever want a cell phone either.

Nick Noonan. Who knows if he can play or not, that's a great name. We are seeing serious potential in that name.

3 comments:

Jesse said...

I've been an EMS reader for the past few weeks and rather enjoy your missives. Just thought I'd drop a line and let you know that Will Clark would appreciate a "Who's on First" post (to court Dunn, who, I believe, is being floated in trade talks) replete with the necessary one-liners. You seem to have the vernacular flexibility to create something fun.

Consider this a challenge.

-22

Dave said...

That's a good idea...I will see what I can come up with..Thanks for reading and commenting..I truly appreciate it..

mekons said...

Nick Noonan is good name, but I much prefer Dom Duggan. Noonan, however, seems to have a better chance of actually making it to the Major Leagues.