Thursday, June 7, 2007

Draft Day

So today is the big day. The staff and I will be glued to our vast array of monitors carefully tracking a bunch of guys I have never heard of. Oh, I have sort of heard of a few of these fellows. I think Beau Mills used to play for Fresno State before transferring for "academic reasons." This may indicate that Mills is extremely focused. It can't be easy to flunk out of Fresno State. This kid had to work for it. However, if he gets drafted by the Giants and goes on to be a regular 30 homerun guy I am going to see to it he gets an Honorary Degree from Harvard.

Unfortunately, it appears as though the Giants are going to continue their pattern of drafting every college pitcher in the land. At least that's what the pundits seem to think. One of the junior staffers around here added the caveat that the Giants only draft college pitchers who are the cheapest to sign. Needless to say, I fired the whippersnapper on the spot. Our philosophy at EMS clearly states that grasping for straws is not only good policy it is essential to the growth of strong healthy bones. I will fearlessly cling to my dream that the Giants will draft and develop some stud position players. I will, I will!... and you can't stop me.

No comments: