Monday, June 4, 2007

Is it Krukow's Fault?

I say no. Sure he is a homer who is loathe to criticize ballplayers. To be certain, he looks for the bright and sunny flowers in the field of decay every chance he gets. This doesn't make him the bad guy of the piece. The Giants front office has villains o-plenty.

Still, Krukow gets a lot of world weary tsk tsking amongst the true bluers for not speaking truth to power (or is it proof to tower?)as the cliche goes. I revel in my lack of logical thinking but I am unable to grasp the connection between bad mouthing the paycheck signers and believing that if only Krulow would speak up the Giants would suddenly change their pernicious modus operandi. Does Krukow actually have this sort of power and would he truly only use it for good? As any respectable fanboy will tell you, super heroes usually have to dance that delicate ballet of responsibility; either helping out the good folks of Gotham and Metropolis or getting sideways with winsome and easy Eurobabes. I know which way my sword of justice would be heading.

Cyberspace is roomy but I am not sure even this vast expanse has adequate volume to house a list of the problems the Giants experience daily. It's a sad litany of remorse and confusion. It's the "World's Largest Ball of String" of Gordian Knots. It's gone beyond human comprehension. Krukow is just a minute, though thankfully, happy go lucky quark in this implacable punch list of bad design.

I am bitter enough on my own, thank you very much. I don't need Krukow to give voice to my horror. He doesn't have to be my champion.

1 comment:

YRROSCHI said...

THE KURKOW KURSE!!

THE KURKOW KURSE!!

THE KRUKOW KURSE!!

GOOGLE the above phrase and you will see why the Giants have done so poorly over the last several decades. Even WIKIPEDIA discusses it. The Giants are truly "Kursed"!!!